Welcome to Sheffield 2019!
Join us in Sheffield for our Annual Conference 2019, as we highlight the latest research and clinical breakthroughs in gene and cell therapy. The conference will be held at The Diamond, a state-of-the-art and award-winning venue at the University of Sheffield.
There is an exciting programme in place, and we are thrilled to be welcoming a host of leading national and international speakers. There are plenty of opportunities for networking and collaboration at some of Sheffield’s most iconic venues, including the Welcome Reception at the stunning Sheffield Winter Gardens, and the Gala Dinner at the historic Cutlers’ Hall.
OUR LOCAL ORGANISING COMMITTEE
Mimoun Azzouz, University of Sheffield (Chair)
Peter Andrews, University of Sheffield (Chair)
Ivana Barbaric, University of Sheffield;
Brian Bigger, University of Manchester;
Angela Bradshaw, University of Glasgow;
Laura Ferraiuolo, University of Sheffield;
Uta Griesenbach, Imperial College London;
Amin Hajitou, Imperial College London;
Kyri Mitrophanous, Oxford Biomedica;
Mustafa Munye, Gene & Cell Therapy Catapult;
Basil Sharrack, University of Sheffield;
Rafael Yáñez-Muñoz, Royal Holloway, University of London.
We look forward to welcoming you to Sheffield in June 2019!
Early Career Researchers are invited to attend a free half-day workshop before the Conference, which takes place from 10:30-14:15 on 19th June in the Conference venue. CLICK HERE for more details.
Please note programme timings and session details may change. Check this page to stay updated with the latest programme.
Click the button below to register for the conference and submit your abstract. The early fee deadline is 6th April 2019 and abstract submission deadline is 14th April 2019.
Please note: We are using a new registration and abstract management system. Your previous login details will not work and you will be prompted to create a new account before you register.
|BSGCT Conference Fees 2019||Early Fee (£)||Late Fee (£)*||On-Site Fee (£)|
|Professional academic – MEMBER||250.00||320.00||370.00|
|Industry – MEMBER||500.00||630.00||700.00|
|Undergraduate and Masters students – MEMBER (free membership)||60.00||110.00||160.00|
|Postgraduate student – MEMBER||120.00||170.00||220.00|
|Non-professional/retired – MEMBER (free membership)||120.00||170.00||220.00|
|Professional academic – NON MEMBER||320.00||400.00||480.00|
|Industry – NON MEMBER||630.00||750.00||820.00|
|Student – NON MEMBER||150.00||195.00||260.00|
*Late fees start at midnight on Saturday 6th April 2019
For group bookings for the BSGCT conference please contact us at email@example.com.
ABSTRACTS & AWARDS
To submit an abstract you must first register for the conference. Click to Register
If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Make sure your abstract is in, on time and in the right format by following these simple steps:
- The deadline for submissions is midnight on Sunday 14th April 2019.
- Your abstract should be no more than 250 words and should be in English
- Keep your title concise and informative and in sentence case.
- Abstracts will be printed as submitted so please check your abstract thoroughly before submission. All oral, poster and invited speaker abstracts are available in the printed delegate programme book, online delegate resources, and will be published online in the Human Gene Therapy journal.
- List all authors’ names in full identify the presenting author. Please note the email address supplied when you submit your abstract will be used for all correspondence pertaining to the abstract.
- Addresses should be in the following format: Group, Department/Institute, Organisation, Town/City, County/State, Country.
- Do not include acknowledgements in your abstracts – these will be included in your word count.
- Please ensure that the email provided when submitting the abstract will still be valid in May when the abstract notification is emailed.
- You must register as a delegate for the conference to present your poster or oral presentation. The programme will be updated as presenters are confirmed.
- Oral presentations have a 15 minute slot, which consists of a 10 minute presentation + 5 minutes for questions.
- You will need to hang your poster during conference registration (14:00-16:00 on Wednesday 19th June) and take it down after the lunch break on Friday 21st June (and by 16:00 at the latest). We cannot take responsibility for any posters left after this time.
- Posters should be size A0 and made in portrait orientation. If your poster does not match these dimensions we cannot guarantee that it will fit the poster boards.
- Each poster will be allocated a poster number. The poster boards will display each poster number on arrival. Velcro for attaching your poster can be collected from the registration desk.
- There will be 2 poster sessions on Thursday 20th June, when posters will be judged. You will be allocated a poster session in advance. Please be present at your poster to answer questions during your poster session.
The BSGCT Annual Conference will be applying to The Royal College of Pathologists for CPD credits (excluding refreshment breaks). Certificates will be sent to all attendees upon completion of the conference evaluation form after the conference.
SPONSORS & EXHIBITORS
Please see our partnership prospectus below which is intended to start the ball rolling with some ideas. Once you have had a look, please contact us at email@example.com for more information or to discuss your requirements and objectives in more detail.
|Our Gala Dinner takes place on the Thursday evening in the magnificent Cutlers’ Hall, just 10 minutes from the conference venue. Join us in this spectacular Grade II listed building for a fantastic evening of dinner, dancing and mingling!
Air guitars at the ready! Head to the dancefloor to join the Four Right Chords who take to the stage after the dinner.
VENUE, TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION
The conference takes place at The Diamond, University of Sheffield. Located in the city centre, this state-of-the-art venue provides a stunning location for the 2019 conference.
The Diamond is a “smart” building in terms of energy management and the University’s hospitality service has achieved Gold status at the Green Impact Awards for the past five years.
To help you find and book nearby hotels Marketing Sheffield have provided a hotel booking webpage.
Please note: Reservations can be made using this link until 28 days prior to the event start date. On this date some hotels may remove any unsold rooms. The site will close fully 14 days prior to the event start date. BSGCT provides this as information for delegates only. BSGCT cannot comment on the quality of the service provided by the various establishments listed.
Discounted rail fares are available for BSGCT delegates on selected routes with East Midland Trains. Discounted train tickets can be booked via this link or when booking hotel accommodation using the hotel booking webpage.
• From Manchester Airport – direct train to Sheffield.
• From Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport – direct bus Stagecoach 737 to Sheffield.
• From Leeds Bradford Airport – Flying Tiger 757 bus to Leeds city centre, and direct train from Leeds to Sheffield.
• From Nottingham East Midlands Airport – Skylink bus to either Derby or Nottingham city centre, and direct train to Sheffield.