Become a Member
The society invites members of the British scientific community and the general public to participate in a new era of collaborative research in the UK. We aim to bring together scientists and clinicians working in the fields of gene and cell-based therapy to promote communication, collaboration and sharing of knowledge and expertise. We also wish to increase public awareness of and engagement with gene and cellular therapy in the UK and provide a pro-active interface between the general public, patients, scientists, government and the media.
Category options and prices as follows. All membership is valid for 1 year:
• Non-professional/retired (open to any individual who is not an academic or industry researcher/clinician) – FREE
• Undergraduate and Masters students – FREE
• Postgraduate student – £15
• Professional academic (post-doctoral scientists and academic/clinical fellows) – £50
• Industry scientist – £100
Click the link below to subscribe as a BSGCT member.
A 10% discount is available for groups of 5 or more. Please email email@example.com for details and to check eligibility.
BSGCT Membership Benefits
• Reduced rates for BSGCT conferences and events;
• Annual BSGCT meeting – we alternate a one day meeting and a residential meeting each year in the UK. This provides topical scientific and public awareness sessions complete with ample opportunities for in-depth discussion of contemporary research.
• The meeting provides an excellent opportunity for young scientists and clinicians to develop working groups and networks. Particular emphasis is placed on strengthening the skills of new and emerging research members with opportunities such as writing newsletter articles, chairing sessions and abstract reviewing.
• It also allows for excellent networking opportunities with many research ideas being created in the pub once presentations are over!
Information on events organised by BSGCT partners:
• BSGCT satellite meetings – will be responsive to changing scientific themes and challenges facing the gene and cell therapy research communities;
• Notice board for posting jobs, funding opportunities and other relevant events;
• Undergraduate student placement scheme and research bursaries and Supervisor Bank.
Sharing knowledge and resources:
• Information on available resources;
• Links to standard gene and cell therapy protocols, quarterly newsletter;
• Links to regulatory information;
• Links to scientific journals (Human Gene Therapy & Stem Cells and Development) ;
• BSGCT is an organisational member of the Royal Society of Biology.
• Social media networking opportunities. Facebook, Twitter, Linked In;
• BSGCT Blog page;
• Discussion forum for scientists, clinicians, general public and patients;
• Association and contact with many of the UK’s leading gene and cell therapists.
The BSGCT has been launched to meet the requirements of individuals such as you. We would like to encourage your input such that the society is shaped to maximise benefit to its members and the wider research community.