Scientists or Senior Scientists – Cellular Immunology
TC BioPharm, Scotland – Central Belt
OVERALL ROLE OBJECTIVE
The Scientist/Senior Scientists in Cellular Immunology will work within the Product Development team. Using their specialist knowledge and experience of working at the forefront of human immunology they will apply their expertise to the design, implementation and completion of projects crucial to the CAR-T and allogeneic pipeline, as well as initiating new projects based on TCB’s γδ T cell platform.
In particular, the post-holder(s) will contribute/lead in projects to further understand γδ T cell biology in the context of cancers and/or infections. Subsequently, the post-holder(s) will contribute/lead in developing these projects from preclinical work through to clinical trials, considering approaches for improving the proliferation, potency and persistence of cells upon transfer to patients. This project will be developed in parallel with TCB’s oncology products and the successful candidate will be expected to work collaboratively across the Product Development team, especially with the ImmuniCAR and OmnImmune groups, as well as with external collaborators.
To successfully achieve the project objectives, the post-holder will be expected to apply expertise across a number of practical skills including primary cell culture of immune cells, development of cell-based assays, multiparameter flow cytometry, and molecular biology. Experience of working with clinical samples or with infectious material would be advantageous.
Data generated by the successful candidate(s) will play an important role in supporting development across the range of pipeline products and as such, the post-holder will be expected to work across groups to aid the Product Development team in achieving their aims. Other responsibilities will include support of other departments, the training and supervision of junior team members and contribution to general lab maintenance compliant with GMP procedures.
If you are passionate about cellular immunotherapy and are looking to work within a challenging, dynamic, and rewarding environment, then TC BioPharm (TCB) represents an excellent career move. This is an opportunity to be part of a growing, ambitious business where people development is critical to future success. As we continue to expand, there will be career opportunities on a truly global scale.
TCB is an emerging cellular immunotherapy company developing cell-based treatments for cancer and severe viral infections. Based at their manufacturing facility in the central belt of Scotland, the successful candidate(s) will form an integral part of TCB’s rapidly expanding Product Development team, which is responsible for delivering the preclinical portfolio of γδ T cell-based therapies.
The post-holder(s) will:
- Design and perform in vitro experiments to further our understanding of γδ T cell biology, particularly in the context of cancers or infectious disease.
- Develop molecular and immunophenotyping approaches to identify targets to improve proliferation, potency and persistence of γδ T cell for therapeutic applications.
- Identify candidate antigens associated with infectious pathogens or tumours for targeting through novel CAR designs.
- Develop SOPs for the use of patient or donor-derived material for clinical applications.
- Design and perform multiparameter flow cytometry experiments.
- Work both independently and with the team to analyse data generated from experiments, draw appropriate conclusions and decide upon next steps.
- Maintain documentation to appropriate quality standards, including, but not limited to, laboratory notebooks, standard operating procedures, COSHH/BIOCOSHH assessments and Risk Assessments.
- Carry out literature reviews and collate information to identify information useful for the development of novel assays or the improvement of current processes and, where appropriate, to prepare applications to protect intellectual property.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Hold a masters level education in immunology/cell biology, ideally with further experience of working in a R&D team.
- Have experience and understanding of cell culture (including of primary immune cells), cell-based assays and of flow cytometry.
- Have knowledge of T cell biology and an awareness of the challenges in developing cell-based therapies.
- Have experience in document preparation.
- Have a keen interest in cell-based therapies and their application to treat cancer and viral/bacterial infections.
- Have excellent team working and communication skills
In addition to the above skills/experience, candidates for the Senior Scientist role will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- A PhD level education is advantageous for senior scientist position, ideally with proven experience gained in an industrial setting.
- Have significant experience in working with primary immune cells across a range of applications, including cell isolation, cell-based assays, and flow cytometry, as appropriate to the role.
- Have proven experience of leading on R&D projects with successful and timely delivery of milestones.
- For posts working on viral or microbial projects, the candidate will be experienced in the safe handling of potentially pathogenic infectious agents.
- Be familiar with GxP procedures, ideally in a cell therapy context.
Together with a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive range of benefits and an excellent working environment.
TCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
Holiday Allowance: 32 days paid holiday p.a. Benefits include pension, private medical insurance, and free car parking.
Hours: 37.5 per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Please apply via the website below.