Scientists or Senior Scientists – Lentiviral
TC BioPharm, Scotland – Central Belt
OVERALL ROLE OBJECTIVE
Working within the Product Development team the post-holders will design and produce lentiviral vectors, for ongoing projects in our CAR-T and allogeneic pipeline, as well as initiate new projects based on TCB’s γδ T cell platform.
In particular, the post-holders will contribute/lead in developing lentiviral design and production capabilities at TC BioPharm, with a focus on supporting our ImmuniCAR project. However, the successful candidate will also be expected to become actively involved across the range of pipeline products to aid the Product Development team in achieving their aims.
To successfully achieve the project objectives, the post-holders will be expected to apply expertise across a number of practical skills including, plasmid vector design and construction, lentivirus production and purification and characterisation and testing of purified virus.
Other responsibilities will include support of other departments, the training and supervision of junior team members and contribution to general lab maintenance compliant with GMP procedures.
If you are passionate about cancer immunotherapy and are looking to work within a challenging, dynamic, and rewarding environment, then TC BioPharm (TCB) represents an excellent career move. This is an opportunity to be part of a growing, ambitious business where people development is critical to future success. As we continue to expand, there will be career opportunities on a global scale.
TCB is an emerging cancer immunotherapy company developing cell-based treatments for cancer and severe viral infections. Based at our manufacturing facility in the central belt of Scotland, the successful candidate(s) will form an integral part of TCB’s rapidly expanding Product Development team, which is responsible for delivering the preclinical portfolio of γδ T cell-based therapies.
The post holders will:
- Design and optimize lentiviral plasmids for the efficient expression of lentiviral delivered genetic cargo in γδ T cells;
- Contribute towards a robust in-house process for the production of lentiviral vectors at research scale with a view to upscale to production of clinical grade vectors;
- Assist in the development of a scalable GMP compliant process for the efficient transduction of γδ T cells for the production of cellular therapeutics;
- Develop SOPs for the production of lentiviral vectors and efficient transduction of γδ T cells;
- Devise assays to Quality Control the lentiviral vectors and liaise to transfer release assays to other departments;
- Work both independently and with the team to analyse data generated from experiments, draw appropriate conclusions and decide upon next steps;
- Maintain documentation to appropriate quality standards, including, but not limited to, laboratory notebooks, standard operating procedures, COSHH/BIOCOSHH assessments and Risk Assessments; and
- Carry out literature reviews and collate information to identify information useful for the development of novel assays or the improvement of current processes and, where appropriate, to prepare applications to protect intellectual property.
The successful candidate(s) will have the following skills/experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant biomedical science subject;
- Relevant practical working experience in a laboratory;
- Expertise in molecular biology techniques, including quantitative RT-PCR or digital PCR;
- Experience in recombinant virus production and/or mammalian cell culture;
- Excellent team working, communication and presentation skills;
- Have a keen interest in cell-based therapies and their application to treat cancer and viral/bacterial infections;
- Knowledge or experience in the following would be desirable:
- A PhD level education is advantageous for the senior scientist position, working in research or biomedical laboratories;
- Gene therapy vector production;
- Manufacture of bio-therapeutics;
- Use of bioreactors for cell culture;
- Ion exchange chromatography and/or tangential flow filtration;
- Assay development (eg quantification of DNA,RNA and /or protein);
- Use of statistics for assay validation.
- Have experience in controlled document preparation;
- Be familiar with the regulatory landscape surrounding the use of lentivirus in the production of cellular therapeutics, particularly CAR-T;
- Be familiar with GxP procedures, ideally in both lentiviral production and cell therapy contexts;
Together with a competitive salary, we offer an excellent working environment.
TCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
Holiday Allowance: 32 days paid holiday p.a. Benefits include pension, private medical insurance, and free car parking.
Hours: 37.5 per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Please apply at the website below.