MacrophOx is an exciting new Oxford-based biotechnology company that is developing the next generation cancer immunotherapy. The company is formed of motivated and passionate individuals, working together to deliver transformative therapeutics that can make a difference for people with common cancers. Over the next 18 months, MacrophOx is focused on developing its first technology towards clinical trial. If you are a dynamic, highly motivated individual looking to make a difference, then we’d love to hear from you.
Job Title: Scientist
Compensation: £32,000 – 45,000 per annum
Location: Old Road Campus, Headington, Oxford
Contract: Open ended (following probationary period); Full-time position
MacrophOx is looking to appoint a scientist to join the laboratory research team. This individual would be engaged in molecular engineering and preclinical testing of our therapeutics. The position is ideal for a highly-motivated person looking to join a rapidly growing company, who would enjoy the fast-paced, highly varied nature of a scientific start-up company.
Who are we looking for?
• BSc. and Ph.D. in the biological/ life sciences or equivalent
• Prior background with molecular cloning; molecular biology, virology and in vitro or in vivo experimentation
• Industry experience would be highly advantageous
• Great analytical/data interpretation skills, with strong communication skills
• Diligent scientific mindset: detailed experimentation planning, execution and recording.
• Good organisation and the ability to work on multiple project streams in parallel.
• Ability and enthusiasm to learn new skills and techniques quickly and assimilate new information efficiently
• Ability to record and present data effectively through written and verbal communication
• Ability to take ownership of a project and work independently, whilst also working together as part of a larger team.
Advantageous attributes/ skills would include;
• Research experience in academia or industry
• Experience in the field of cell therapy, such as CAR-T therapy
• Experience with molecular biology, virology and/or in vitro assays; cell viability, proliferation, migration, flow cytometry
• Experience with using retroviruses or lentiviruses
• Prior experience with in vivo work
• Experience in the field of cancer and/or immunology
• Strong IT skills (including proficiency in Microsoft Office) and data analysis
To apply for the position, please send a CV plus brief cover letter along to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SCIENTIST-MBV” in the subject heading. Please provide details of two referees who would be happy to provide a reference if contacted. We will not contact your referees until we have shortlisted you and gained your specific permission to contact them.
In your cover letter please feel free to tell us why you would be a good choice for us.
For any informal enquiries, please contact email@example.com with “QUESTIONS-SCIENTIST-MBV” in the subject heading.