- To improve public awareness of BSGCT and gene and cell therapy.
- To provide a forum, in the form of public engagement days, for students, patients, affected families and other members of the public to become better informed about the reality, complexities and issues surrounding gene and cell therapy and its therapeutic application.
- To educate and inspire the next generation to become scientists, with particular focus on gene transfer and stem cell technology.
Lynda Coughlan (Chair)
Claire Booth (Vice-Chair)
- To engage with other learned societies to create potential links for joint conferences
- To engage with national and international bodies to provide studentships and exchange programs in the field of gene and cell therapy
Chris Denning (Chair)
Rafael Yanez (Vice-Chair)
Clinical Translation & Regulatory Affairs
- To keep abreast of current regulation in the UK and beyond for gene and cell therapies
- To facilitate information dissemination to BSGCT membership
- To liaise with other societies when required regarding clinical matters
- To act as advisors, upon request, from agencies that control regulation and routes to clinic.
Sian Harding (Chair)
Emma Morris (Vice-Chair)
Communication and Promotion
- To edit and maintain BSGCT Blogs, BSGCT webpage and BSGCT social media pages
- To engage members and non-members with the society
- To ensure latest/breaking news relevant to the field is posted in a timely fashion and keep posted information relevant
- To highlight and promote upcoming events, Blogs and other society news
Mustafa Munye (Chair)
Alan Parker (Vice-Chair)