Accelerate scientific progress on gene- and cell-based technologies, and promote their ethical and timely transfer from the laboratory into the clinic, for treatment of all suitable diseases.
BSGCT will facilitate this progress by:
• Promoting communication and the free flow of information between scientists in academia and industry, leading to better collaborations and the sharing of knowledge and resources.
• Providing a forum for specialised scientific debate in the field of cell- and gene-based treatments, particularly to enhance the education of younger scientists and clinicians.
• Supporting and promoting early career researchers in all aspects of their professional development.
• Improving the interaction between scientists and clinicians, to enhance thorough science-led and ethical evaluation of new technologies in the clinic.
• Improving public awareness and providing an informed and responsible voice for science in this field.
• Improving the productivity of gene and cell therapy research in the UK, expediting technology transfer from the laboratory for clinical study as soon as it is appropriate.
• Developing strong links with donors and funding bodies, aiming to improve the scientific infrastructure that already exists in the UK.