British Society for Gene and Cell Therapy
Accelerate scientific progress and promote ethical and thorough transfer of gene- and cell-based technologies from the laboratory into the clinic, for treatment of a range of serious disorders, including cancer, heart disease and monogenic disorders.
BSGCT will facilitate this progress by:
- Promoting communication and the free flow of information between UK scientists, leading to better collaborations and the sharing of knowledge and resources.
- Providing a forum for specialised scientific debate in the field of cell- and gene-based treatments, particularly to enhance the education of younger scientists and clinicians.
- Improving the interaction between scientists and clinicians, to enhance thorough science-led and ethical evaluation of new technologies in the clinic.
- Improving public awareness and providing an informed and responsible voice for science in this field.
- Improving the productivity of gene and cell therapy research in the UK, moving innovations forward from the laboratory for clinical study as soon as it is appropriate.
- Developing strong links with donors and funding bodies, aiming together to build on the scientific infrastructure that already exists in the UK.
Find out more here...